One of the primary functions of any homeowners association is to protect property values by enforcing local county and state rules and regulations, as well as our own community Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs). We value a team approach to ensure enforcement in a fair minimally invasive manner.


MEET THE BOARD 2019-2020

A board of directors is a necessary requirement for a homeowners association to function properly. These elected volunteer officials are responsible for all operations of the association and ensuring the community governing documents (CC&R’s) are followed and enforced. The board is elected from and by the homeowners of the community at the annual meeting and our bylaws will list how the elections will be conducted. Once a board is elected by their peers, the board members will convene to elect the officers and then each officer will have their own responsibilities in managing within the association. A copy of the bylaws may be obtained in the documents section.


When you purchased your home in Pine Meadows Country Club Estates, you automatically became a member of Pine Meadows Homeowners Association. Your membership binds you to the association’s covenants, conditions, and restrictions, or “CC&Rs". Although these rules may thwart your dream of having a chartreuse green or purple house, or of leaving your RV or rusty V.W. van project in the driveway, they are ultimately in place to protect your property values. Our CC&Rs were developed at the initial development of our subdivision and have evolved over time by community elections to their current status. They include stipulations about the appearance of your home and the vehicles you can park outside it as well as define activities within the community that will be of benefit to the community as a whole. Please visit the documents center to obtain a copy of the CC&R’s.



You will need to get approval from the HOA architectural committee to build a new construction, remodel, paint your house or build a fence. The approval process is quite easy. You will need to fill out a Plan Approval and Grading request form that will provide a detailed description of your project and will require plans of your new construction, renovation or remodel. This form can be printed from the “documents” section. Depending on the type and scope of your project, you may want to hire an architect or skilled general contractor to start working on preliminary drawings. The Plan Approval and Grading request form is relatively self-explanatory, including information about review fees to be paid, but if in doubt, you are encouraged to contact us with any questions about your project before you pay to get detailed plans drawn up. Once you have filled the form out, you can either scan and email it to us (fill in the email form from the "contact us" section and we will send a return email with detailed contact information) or mail it to us at P.O. Box 2339, Overgaard, AZ 85933. If your form will include larger plans (as with a new construction) and bulky materials samples, either mail it to us or make arrangements via "contact us" as above, to directly deliver the request form and materials “packet” to one of the Architectural Committee team members.

Preparation is key here and it’s important to provide as much information as possible before starting your project. Discussing all the details of the renovation with the owners of properties connecting to yours is a common courtesy that you’d appreciate if it were you on the other end. By keeping your neighbors fully informed of your plans, they likely won’t complain about a renovation starting out of the blue.

What happens once I get approval from my HOA? If your project is for painting your home or building a fence, you may proceed. If it’s a larger project such as a remodel, addition or new construction, you will now need to submit your plans to Navajo County for approval and to initiate serial inspections throughout defined stages of your progress. Please share your Plan Approval and Grading request form with your building contractor. It contains important pertinent information regarding building contained in the CC&R’s, including but not limited to:

  • Hours during which work can take place
  • Setback and height restrictions
  • Keeping the work area contained and clean
  • Stringing property lines
  • Supplying a port-a-potty for workers
  • Being courteous of neighboring properties by not using driveways, etc., as turnarounds or parking for workers
  • No fires or burning of discarded brush or materials

Please familiarize yourself with the form as well, as there may be fines to the homeowner if contractors are in violation of these rules.


Sewer System

We are fortunate to be connected to one of the few sewer systems in our area. It is preferred by Navajo County because it is better for residents as well as the environment. That being said, our sewer system is different from the much larger systems used by metropolitan areas such as Phoenix and Tucson. It is, by comparison, more delicate and requires mindful practices in its use. Please, only flush toilet paper and your natural waste. Make sure to advise your entire family and visiting friends to discard everything else in the wastebasket, including:



Facial tissue

Swiffer mop pads

Paper towels

Feminine products

Paper hand towels

Toilet bowl cleaning pads

Microfiber towels

Clorox or Lysol wipes, etc.


These products do not break down like toilet paper does in water. They are much stronger and many include plastics and materials like nylon; even wipes labeled "flushable" have been known to clog pipes. Because they do not readily break down, they can wrap around or tangle in lift station grates and motors and cause clogs that could result in sewage backups. These backups not only require extensive effort by our sewer service operator to clear, but can even cause severe pump damage, resulting in shutdown and costly repairs/replacements. A sewer system shutdown would affect all PMHA members. Therefore, your awareness and cooperation are greatly appreciated to prevent costly sewer backups in your home. It is recommended to affix a copy of these recommendations in your bathroom(s) to remind your guests to comply with these precautions (a printable format may be found in the documents section labeled "3-20 Sewer Service Precautions Letter").

Contact Information:

  • Diane Hunter (Pine Meadows Country Club) for sewer service or billing questions: (928)240-2450, PO Box 740, Overgaard, AZ 85933.                                                                                                                 
  • Rick Evans (High Country Septic Solutions) for sewer service problems: (928)205-0246.

**Please send sewer service payments, when you receive an invoice, directly to PMCC (Diane Hunter) to the address above. Any sewer payments inadvertently sent to your Homeowner's Association (PMHA) will be returned to you, as we are separate entities and are unable to transfer your payment.